Over the past couple years I have found that a lot of my couples often ask me if I have any ideas for their engagement shoot. My advice would be to pick something that is special and meaningful to you as a couple. When most couples think engagement session they usually think of nice photos at a park or similar location. While photos at a park are very nice, there are many other options for sessions that not only express who you are, but lets me get to know the couple better as well.
Here are a few ideas for engagement sessions that may get your creative juices flowing.
- Share your passion – Perhaps you met your fiance at a sporting event or a wine tasting. Pick something you both love or love to do and incorporate it into your engagement session.
- Stay at home - Your home is where you are the most comfortable. Why not make it the location for your engagement session. Try something like cooking together or playing your favorite board game.
- Get outside and have some fun - Your favorite activity together always makes for a great engagment session. Go on a bike ride, go for a hike in the woods, go skiiing together or get real crazy and spend a day at an amusement park riding rides!!
- Plan a date - Pick your favorite restaurant, bar or location and set up a date. If its somewhere you both love chances are it will be reflected in your photos. Candle lit dinners make great romantic photos for an engagement session.
- Don’t forget the props - Bring some props to spice up your session a little bit and make it even more unique. Weather it be a sign, balloons, mustaches, picnic basket, wigs or a bicycle, bring something that will bring out your personality.